Thursday, July 2, 2009

Early addiction to mineral foundie....

Oh lord... I've been searching for the right foundation since like forever.... don't talk about the shade... let's talk about the type of it first...
The first ever one, I've tried the infamous liquid foundation, about 6 years ago.. I was happy with the result, because it's really gave me a great coverage and also didn't make my face look chalky *like the next kind of foundation I use, we'll go to that part, later*... Until I started to feel that the formula is way too thick for everyday use. So the next one I've tried the even infamous two way cake foundation... then the result for me was blah! I really don't like it... Feels like put tons of all purpose flour on my face... I'm not really sure whether the problem with the lack of my skill or it just not for me... Then I leave it *this one for good I think... unless I can find someway to use it on my face without that horrible feeling*
Then lately, about a year ago or so, I've been convinced by FD's chit chat forum *one of Indonesian fashion blogs* with the greatness of BB Cream.. BB stand for Blemish Balm Cream. I don't know where it's come from originally... I mean which brand made it first....
I just tried 2 products of it from TheSkinFood.... First one was BB Cream from Ginkgo series, and the second one was from Aloe series... I like Aloe BB Cream more, because of the texture... It's lighter than Ginkgo BB Cream, so it's definitely more easy to blend.
But I was not happy with the shade.... It's too white for me, and somewhat kinda pinkies... So it did made my face look a little dull.

Then actually before I've met BB Cream, from the same forum, I found a big enthusiasm for a new product *at that time* so called Mineral Makeup..... By learning about the product's benefits from the chitchats, then I cannot resist to give it a try, by purchased some of the product (the famous pioneer one I think is Bare Minerals from Bare Escentuals, but I haven't try this one yet) from Everyday Minerals (EDM). Just because it was popular in the forum at that time... hehehe....
Some members there sell it.

At that time, uhmm... until now, we just can purchase all these infamous mineral makeup by online order only. Therefore we need to pay the shipping cost *mostly from USA*, and also the tax in some cases.
So usually we just compound our orders to someone who open the Pre Order service. And this kind person will make those purchases...
We will need to pay more, for this kind person*many pre-orders have been made by my FD friends..love you ladies*, because without her we might be hesitate to order it, and then we cannot play with this lovely things.....

My first haul from EDM are 2 kind of foundie and then 2 kind of concealer, and then blushes, with 1 eyeshadow too.... All in loose powder formula.... *of course now my collection still growing up, because I still want to try other products*

I love these mineral foundation products because of the formula... It's like loose powder, but you only need merely so little amount, to layer all over your face. Wait until 5-15 minutes, and it will melt on your skin.... Give you a natural makeup look *not a thick foundie mask*... I just love it more than any foundation I've ever tried.... *I still love my MAC studio fix fluid tho... but recently it's tidily sit on the corner of my makeup trunk, need to find another shade later because this one NC20 still kinda bit yellowish for me*

You will need minimum one kabuki brush... to buff this product all over your face.... a regular powder puff will never work for this...

I've own several shades so far *well, open the website, and you will see a zillion shades from all those mineral makeup stores*... because I still haven't found my exact shade....
1. Light Olive.... slightly darker than my natural face color, thinking that I still can use it later when I go to the beach... haha. Or mix it with another shade.
2. Light Intensive *not really sure, this one is a custom made sample, it's labelled like that anyway* I like this one, but still thinking, this is not really right shade for me...
3. Olive Fair, so far, this is the most likely for me than others that I've bought.. But still... a bit dull for my skin? Well just slightly I think...
4. Golden Fawn.... this is definitely too yellow for me.... But I still use it.. mix with another shades.. hehe... lately, I've been mixed it up a bit with Olive Fair...

I think so far that's all I have for EDM foundation....

I still waiting for my Lumiere order, and still thinking hard to choose about 4-5 shades closer to my skintone from Meow Cosmetics. Psst, I tell you the last one even got 86 different shades ... mygod...

There are so many brands for this mineral makeup..... Mostly from USA, but you may found out about 1 or 2 from Singapore, if I can recall.... *I'm not talking about mineral makeup from massive brands like Revlon, L'oreal, and others.... because they're seems not made from 100%pure mineral... dunno, I just haven't check it yet :P..... MAC also got their mineral makeup line.... I got the liquid foundation of it..... MAC mineralize skin finish liquid foundie... but I really cannot tell if this line' products are made from 100%pure mineral or not*

Cmiiw ya...

Thanks for reading my mumbles... gotta do my house job now...
Ugh so tired nowadays.... less sleep than what my body craving for....
But very happy because tomorrow midnight, I will be in Jakarta..... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment